Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day Thirty-Nine

Day Thirty-Nine - April 23rd, 2009

Its still 12 days before we leave for Europe, but I am already packed. This is mainly because my parents leave for their trip in two days, and my mom insisted I be packed before they go. I think she is convinced I will forget everything if I don't get it done now. Ah well, it was good to get it out f the way. Made me realize what I still have to pick up before I leave.

Things I am bringing with me:

-3 Short-sleeve t-shirts
-2 Long-sleeve t-shirts
-1 Button-up shirt
-1 Cardigan
-1 Hoody
-1 Belt
-1 Rainjacketinabag
-2 Pairs of jeans
-2 Pairs of shorts
-4 Pairs of boxers
-5 Pairs of Socks
-1 Light sleeping bag
-1 Laura's travel guide
-1 Eurorail pass, plus the attached map/guides
-1 iPod
-1 Nikon d80, with 50mm+shitty17-55mm+charger+ remote shutter release
-3 Juggling balls
-1 Journal, with pencil, pen, and notepad
-1 Deck of cards
-1 Mini checkerboard
-1 Mini Connect-4
-1 First-aid kit
-1 Bottle of sunscreen
-1 Stick of Oldspice
-1 Money belt
-1 Passport
-1 Debit card
-1 Credit card
-60 Euro
-50 British Pounds
-1 Combination lock
-2 Luggage locks
-1 Bunch of elastic bands
-1 Roll of duct-tape
-1 Roll of electical tape
-10 AA batteries (don't think I will need these)
-1 Can of nice smelling stuff
-1 Toothbrush, tube of toothpaste, roll of dental floss.
-3 Tins of vitamins/Tylonal
-1 Electric razor (although I doubt I will end up shaving)
-1 Ridiculous comb from 1992 McDonald's happy meal.


I was amazed that this all fit into my backpack; I was also surprised how small you can compact a pair of jeans.

I now have a week and a half to get my life in order before I go. Yikes.

Cheers,

Patrick

4 comments:

  1. only 4 pairs of boxers?

    ..really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite things to do before a trip is making lists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was just about to say the same thing as laura...

    also, dontcha think it'll be difficult to update this blog EVERYDAY when you're on your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry guys underwear can't fit in the palm of your hand! I really don't have room for much more than 4-5 pairs. Plus I plan on doing laundry when I'm there; in the sink and in laundromats.

    I don't think I'll be updating while I'm there, especially with pictures.

    ReplyDelete