Friday, March 27, 2009

Day Twelve

Day Twelve - March 27th, 2009

This is Annie, she's been a loyal friend of mine since we brought her home in 2001. She is part Boxer, and to my mothers dismay, part Pitbull. She looks exactly like Backup from veronica mars whenever she has her mouth open! She sounds tough as nails, but she is a big baby. She was found abandoned in a dumpster as a puppy, luckily, somebody brought her to the AVC, and they fixed her right up. My Aunt works their and called dibs, and we took her home a couple days later.

She was our first family pet, and I honestly don't know what we would have done without her. I mean, I love my family and all, but we aren't the closest family to ever exist. Around the time that we got her I remember our family being kind of distant from each other. It was probably just because I was 13 and was trying to be my bad-ass self (H), but whatever it was, our family seemed to be missing something. I had my lame poppunk music, Dad had his golf, Mom had her cooking, and will had his new cool friends. We didn't have anything in common that could bring us together. Annie fixed this. When she came along she was the center of attention, and she has been ever since. I'm not sure what would have become of our family had she not come along. Frankly, I don't really want to know, because I know we've never been closer, we've never been healthier, and we've never been happier.

Adios,

Patrick

1 comment: