Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day Four

singingintherain-0044-P4

These pictures were a lot of fun to take, even if I swore a lot, and nearly froze to death. Thanks again Danielle, Jeff'm, and Andie.

I love photography; I don't think I have ever been so enthralled by anything else. It is the only real art that I have been able to really sink my teeth into. Throughout my life I have been interested in the arts and I have tried my hand at a lot of different forms, though I was never very skilled at any of them. I never really learned how to draw, I got bored with the clarinet, and I was never that great of a writer. I don't have the greatest attention span either, so it never took me long to move on after I failed at one of these things. Photography is different though, it came to me quickly, and it has been able to keep my attention more than anything else, ever. I think that is what makes the distinction between a hobby and a passion. Something that you truly enjoy doing, and can never possibly grow tired of.

I find myself contemplating my existence at UPEI a lot lately. As much fun as I've had meeting people and being a university student, I feel as though my passions lie elsewhere, and that maybe university just isn't for me. I think it is about time that I start working towards something I truly enjoy doing.

Adios,

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment