Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day Two

Day Two - March 17th, 2009

My name is Patrick and I am Irish, but I find it hard to dig the 17th of March. Don't get me wrong, St. Patrick seemed like a cool enough guy, even though the legend about snakes is so much cooler than what he actually did, but there is just something about the day that stops me from wanting to celebrate. I really don't know what caused me to dislike it. It might have been the overabundance of green streamers/balloons present at my birthdays, or because some kid called me a leprechaun back in elementary school. I'm not sure what happened, but it did the trick. I only remember going to a St. Patrick's Day party once, and it stunk. The thing is, I shouldddd like it! Me not liking St. Patrick's Day just doesn't make sense. I love being Irish, I love green, and I love things that share my name. I even like beer and being rambunctious every once in a while. Maybe next year I will reconsider and get crunk off of some green beer. But until then.

Also, I may not have gone out drinking tonight, but I did peel 30lbs of potatoes, that was pretty fuckin' Irish.

Ciao,

Patrick

1 comment: