Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day Three

Day Three - March 18th, 2009

In general, bars kinda suck: they smell, they are expensive, and stupid drunk people tend to flock to them. That being said, when I'm one of those stupid drunk people, bars can rule. A lot. Last night was no exception.

Lost, wine, Laura's house, artsy short-films, sweet friends, and fun dairyqueen adventures made for a fun start to the evening. The first two made for a semi confusing evening, but that's ok, I'll forgive them. This was followed by a trip Hunter's to see Mardeen with Katie, Andie, Little Buddy, and James. There weren't too many people there, but the stranger/awesome-person ratio was incredible. This provided for a lot of laughs, fun dancing/singing, and sufficient enough embarrassment. As for the music, Mardeen (seen above via my sweeet cameraphone), were pretty great. It wasn't the greatest set I've ever seen them play, but nothing was going to stop me from enjoying it (even the news that I lost the UPEISU election). The show was followed by an extremely hilarious trip to China Garden with Jcam, Brenton, and Behn. This was filled with nerd talk, hilarious alchemy quotes, and hj's under the table from ~Bwenton~. Kidding?

One thing that I love about bars, is there ability to connect people. Its great how you can see a person you haven't talked to in years and hangout/talk like it was a regular thing. Whether its a friend from elementary school or an old coworker, there are no weird boundries that prevent you from hanging out and having a good time. I guess this could be said about any situation where there are alcohol and people, but I find it happens at bars all the time.

Cheers,

Patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment