Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day Sixteen

Day Sixteen - March, 31st, 2009

Work work work (that is where I work).

Working kinda sucks a lot.

Granted, I've had a couple jobs that weren't too bad, the one I have now for instance, but I've also had jobs that I have absolutely abhorred. For example, in the summer of 2004 I got hired at Bulkbarn as a store clerk. I was in charge of refilling the bins, cleaning the god forsaken all natural peanut butter tubs, and mopping the stupid floor. It should be illegal to only pay someone minimum wage to do that type of job. The worst part about it was that Wednesday was the only day I would get a discount. Lucky for me Wednesday was already senior and student discount day. Grrr. I don't think I could ever work there again, even if they offered me $15 an hour, and if they allowed me to eat as much candy as I wanted. It was simply the most unfulfilling way to spend a summer ever.

I'm so glad that I have my job, even it only pays $8.51 an hour. The amount of things I've about photography and the hands on experience that I've gained are immeasurable. Sometimes after I've worked for eight hours, I will stay for an extra five or six, just so that I can play with cameras and photoshop till my fingers bleed. If I could take pictures and photoshop for the rest of my life I probably would.

In other news, there are only 34 days until we leave for Europe!

Cheers,

Patio

2 comments:

  1. What is your current job? And why are you going to Europe? What is uppp, man?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I work in the photography dept. at UPEI, and I am going to Europe for all of May! Go to hunter's on friday and I'll tell you all about it!

    ReplyDelete