Monday, March 23, 2009

Day Eight

Day Eight - March 23rd, 2009

Christabelle, K-ranks, and D-Babes hanging with their apples in the Modern Languages lounge. Darrah was the only one smart enough to eat hers though.

Today was a pretty boring day. I didn't really have the energy to do anything after driving all last night, so I called into work this morning to tell them I wouldn't be there and then curled up in bed to sleep the morning away. I ended up going to school around 1:00 to catch my philosophy class and do a bit of homework. This worked out well because right after my class I ended up running into Chris, Darrah, Katie and Tristan in the Modern Languages lounge. Its such a nice little cozy room, and it always provides for some relaxing and entertaining hangouts. The few times that I've hung out up there have been great. They usually involve embarrassing stories, sweet music(Joel P, Born Ruffians, nsync, etc), and good friends.

These are the sort of things that I should try not to take for granted. Sure, it seems like an ordinary afternoon, but these are the sort of moments that make my day. They are carefree, take no effort to appreciate, and they are definitely the sort of thing you miss when they're gone.

I think things would be better for everyone if people would stop to smell the roses more often and realize just how lucky we are to have what we do.

Ciao,

Patrique.

1 comment: