Friday, May 15, 2009

Day Sixty-One

Day Sixty-One - May 15th, 2009

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Today we ventured into the red light district.

Amsterdam is just like I imagined. Its weird, beautiful, but not all that its made out to be. It may be the weather getting to me, but I just haven't found the city to be all that endearing. I do like the Canals though.

We spent a lot of time walking around today, but we didn't really do anything. Zac doesn't want to pay for anything that isn't sold at MacDoanld's or H&M, Elisha and Laura are indifferent about most things, and I want to see as much as possible. Unfortunately for me, it is much easier to convince people not to pay for things rather than pay for things. Ahh wellllll, this is what I signed up for. I'll probably end up going off by myself if I really want to see something.

As for the red light district, it wasn't all that great. It was just a busy shopping district with cramped alleyways and an air of pot. Not really my thing, but it was definitely worth seeing. So far the canals are still at the top of my list though.

-Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment