Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day Forty-Nine

Day Forty-Nine - May 3rd, 2009

Today I adventured with Katie, Jeff'm, Sarah, and Carver to the eastern most tip of PEI. No real rhyme or reason, it just seemed like a good thing to do on such a nice day. We made a stop in at a diner on the way there where we were treated to the largest servings of food I have ever seen. The grilled cheese was awesome. That plus some scratch tickets, bouncyballs, and a sweet Joel Plaskett sing-along made for a great day. It was kinda fitting that I would go to the eastern most tip of the province before heading to Europe. Tourists apparently go there and mistake the land seen across the water for Ireland, when in fact it is really Cape Breton. Crazy tourists.

This evening we all went to Baba's for the going away party that Carver (thanks again) had organized. Morgan got everyone a round of Baba's famous Sweet-O and we danced and had a great time. Sadly, China Garden was closed, so I didn't get any drunk Chinese food. Ah well!

I leave so sooon, it still hasn't sunk in.

Cheers,

Patrick

5 comments:

  1. East Point is my home :') I worked at that lighthouse.
    "Tourists apparently go there and mistake the land seen across the water for Ireland, when in fact it is really Cape Breton."
    and I might be the one to blame for perpetuating this story, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kristin

    Yeah, I read it on Alchemy. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss good ol' PEI diner food.

    ReplyDelete