Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day Seventy-Seven

Day Seventy-Seven - May 31st, 2009

Cinque Terre, Italy

Today I ate the best pizza of my life.

Holy moly, that is all I can think. Cinque Terre is absolutely stunning. The view is unexplainable, the only way to experience it is to come here yourself. This place raises far too many questions for me. The main one being why. Why would you build five villages on the side of a mountain above the Mediterranean Sea? Laura says they built it here because of the great view, but as adorable as that is, it doesn't really answer my question. I am beyond amazed by this place. We were a little hesitant to pay the 5euro to use the walking path, but I am very glad we did. It was great.

We also met an awesome couple who were staying in the same room as us in our hostel. They were from Minnesota and had just gotten engaged a couple hours before we met them. Their names are Jenny and Nate and we are hopefully going to be able to meet up with them in Paris next week. They are really friendly and are also pretty familiar with Canada. They said they have a saying for whenever things get rough in the states, "We're moving to Canada". I'd welcome them.

-Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment