Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day Seventy-Six

Day Seventy-Six - May 30th, 2009

Rome, Italy

Today we visited the Ancient City and met up with Mitch.

We met up with Mitch around 2:00pm at the metro by his hostel. It was nice to see him again, it's been weeks since we were at his place in oxford, even though it feels like yesterday. We spent the day walking around the ancient ruins and touring around the Colosseum. The Colosseum was unreal, but the rest of the ruins were kinda unimpressive. I find the giant structures to be cool as hell, but I also find it hard to relate to ancient history. Zac loves it because he studied it in school, but I find it rather boring. I think that's why I liked Berlin so much. Its history is fairly recent in comparison.

Afterward we went to a Chinese restaurant and were very close to going to an icebar after that, but we were all tired and were ready for bed.

I came to Rome with few expectations and it has really impressed me. The place is so old and famous. There always seems to be something exciting going on as well. We may have just missed the giant soccer tournament by a day, but we did manage to be in the middle of a giant G8 protest. Oi oi oi!

Tomorrow we are going to Cinque Terre, I just realized how long I have been pronouncing that wrong for.

-Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment