Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day Sixty-Nine

Day Sixty-Nine - May 23rd, 2009

Between Germany and Italy

Today we traveled... a lot.

We headed south from Berlin around 11:00am by train and arrived in Munich around 5:00pm. We had a few hours to spare, so we got some good ol'Subway (they have a "veggie-pattie" here. It is delicious) and ate it in a park near the train station. Afterward I went for a walk downtown by myself. I figured I may as well explore a bit while I'm there. The walk was nice, it seems like a very happening city. There were a lot of street entertainers and soooo many dressed in football jerseys.

When you are traveling with a large group you really start to value your alone time. Not to say that being with the group isn't fun, its just that adventuring around and being in complete control of where you go is liberating and very refreshing.

Before we got on the train for Venice we were hanging out in the trainstation amidst hundreds of people wearing red football jerseys, tons of police officers and riot squads dressed to the nines. I will never get tired of European's dedication to all things soccer. Its hard to believe there is that much tension over a sports game.

Time to try and fall asleep on this train, I can already tell that I am not going to be a fan of the overnight ones.

-Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment